Posted by Fidelity in
PHSEW! HERE I COME, YOU BETTER GET OUT OF MY WAY!SPEEDING AROUND THE LAST TURN I'M ALMOST THERE.
BY NO MEANS OR CARE, THIS IS ANYTHING BUT A DARE.
DO NOT FEAR DEATH; BUT RATHER THE UNLIVED LIFE
YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE FOREVER, YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE
Embarking on my Junior year of college.
Where does one begin? Where does one start?
Option 1: Party hard, Play harder
Option 2: Focus: one purpose, one goal
Option 3: Live for the One who gave me breath
Option 4: A combination of all the above
Engrossed in a world of numbers. A world encompassed by a compass of statistics. We live for efficiency, productivity, purpose.
So what then, am I supposed to shoot for this junior year of college. I want to go bigger, and better, and more impacting than any of my previous years. When I think of this my mind goes back to high school, one of my favorite cd's by Edison Glass. It was called time is fiction. For the longest time, well up until now I always wondered what they meant by that. I even tried to research why they named their cd that. I thought "what an elloquent (yet simple) way to say something that could have been said so basic (and boring)." To my dismay, I never attained any information regarding the birth of the name of the cd. However, I think this is the best part of it all because it forces me to use my noggin and experiences. "Time is Fiction."
why not "time is non-fiction" wouldn't that be more accurate. Time is real. Time is current. Time is ever-present so why then is it fiction. Well, because time is beyond us. Time is forever. Time is never ending and never beginning. So how then can it be something that we can even begin to understand? I spend all day rushing to be here and there and do this and this and see how many things I can cram into one day, yet meanwhile I am missing out on the simple yet profound idea that time is fiction. I cannot begin to understand time because it is beyond me. When I remember that I am not bound by time, but yet living in a life of... well... love. Then my life would be calculated quite differently. And that's what I'm shooting for right. "NOTW” To be not of this world: to set myself apart. Well once I start living accordingly to the idea that time is fiction. Well then... that idea will become non-fiction.
And ultimately that's what I want to attain. A non-fiction life. A real life. A living sacrifice for my Lord. The one who died for me. He died so I could live. So I need to start.
It makes so much sense now, doesn't it.
O Gotta Love these days of epiphanies.
No Response to "hubb everlasting..."
Post a Comment