in my flannel

1 comments
I ride the transit in my flannel
I bump jams in my flannel
I snooze in my flannel
I hit the books in my flannel
I bust a move in my flannel
I find penny's heads up in my flannel
I talk to old time friends in my flannel
I spike volleyballs in my flannel
I gobble gobble in my flannel
I get jobs in my flannel
but most of all...
I play with puppies in my flannel
so what up people who read my blog.
well good news.
I just got offered to write for a website called holyturf
it's really awesome. 
all about sports.
well, here's the story: the deadline to apply was oo, about two months ago.
well I was stumbling along and saw that they were looking for one person to write 
from each SEC school, so I sent an email asking if they had filled the position and 
if not i'm totally interested.  Well he wrote back and said sorry to inform me it's
filled and said maybe in the future sometime I can write a periodic article, and asked
if I had any ideas.  Well I decided to take that question pretty seriously and wrote just
two random ideas that I thought would make good stories.
Well, apparently he liked them.
Because he sent me an email back really quick saying here's a contract, sign it and have
a story written for me by Tuesday.  I mean... what! ah, so awesome!  So I will have to
update if that ends up all working out and he uses my story. Pretty exciting, and good
experience for me... (and my resume)

also... I'm working with the marketing director for Academy Sports this Saturday.
I'm helping them market their product to the students of UGA.  I mean, what. So 
awesome, I'm excited and hope they like me and will invite me back to help.

Such a busy life.
Such a great life.
Such a blessed life.

Today Shelby texted me this:  
"Hope the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows"
I really like that.
here's some pictures of women's night last month (September '10)
teacher: Caroline Rogers
discipleship buddy: Emily Deans
Sball girls + Jill: Shelby, Murph, Sarah, Elmo and  me



some songs to listen to while studying by Andrew Belle,
-static waves
-the ladder
-oh my stars
-tower
-my oldest friend
  

If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 Response to in my flannel

October 8, 2010 at 8:12 AM

i think i fixed my comment thing. let me know.

also, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i'm so happy that God is using you in so many ways. He is letting you become a baller, hubbard, and i love loff lurv it. serious face. i mean, writing articulos??? working with the marketing director of Academy???? wowzas. sounds like you belong in Grady, my friend. so so so proud. can't express in online words.

also, love the flannel poem. and my guess as to where you are volunteering? the humane society! let me know if i'm right. i hope i am. i love dogs. all of them. and i know you do, too.

i don't own any flannel, i should probably work on that.

also, i am going to look up andrew belle...never heard of him...but i feel like i need to probably.

also also, 4 places for the summer, serious question...sounds like a phone call conversation...which reminds me of a really good lyric in that song obsessed..."you're a mom and pop, i'm a corporation, i'm the press conference, and you a conversation"...not very nice, but i love to play with words...and dogs.

have i mentioned i love you lately? well i do.