learning how to care

0 comments
Learning how to care

Friends.

Lovers.

Homeless.

Children.

Babies.

(those two are separate, pinky promise)

Toddlers.

Youth.

(okay, now maybe I’m just getting a little carried away and also a little wrapped up in what leads me to the next one).

Memories.

Bleh.

The Nostalgia.

It aches.

Pounding inside my heart.

Wah, but what can I do.

Desensitizing is the most enticing.

But is it that the answer?  Closing off all doors?

Living life with eyes closed?

Afraid to feel?

No. No. No. I tell ya.  Why I would much rather any other option that that.  Even if it’s painful, and messy like a sloppy joe-- that’s life.  And I say, give me a double-double; supersized. 
  That’s the world we live in.  I can’t expect flowers and sunshine every day because that’s not where I live.  Because here on Earth  Although I do try to live in my own bubble of monstrosity I call individuality.  Facing reality is, at times, a must.  But *halt the tear-jerking violins* doesn’t mean that I’m going to abandon all bumpy roads for fear of getting a flat tire or mud on my rims.  Are you crazy?!  It’s down those bumppPPppy, unpaved, windy, confusing, you get lost and car sick, so-manyroad-to-Hana-turns, that you experience life.  The life worth documenting at least.  The life that’s out there and can be expanded further than your wildest pinterest imagination.  Yes, it’s real. And part of our backyard, and our frontyard.   So why would I ever make my white-picket-fence that encompassing that I can’t get past my own corridor fortress??  Riddline me that, right.

Insanity!!

No.  I’m here to explore, and make a mess because well as long as I’m breathing and living, that’s all I can do.

So, I ask myself friends.  Is caring a bad thing? 
No.
Is caring too little a bad thing?
Yes.
Is there such thing as caring too much?
Possibly.
So obviously the answer is somewhere within the question.  If we can care too much and we can care too little but caring is essentially a good thing well then, we must find the balance in how much one should care to remain thoroughly emotionally intact for when reality doses you up with a tall glass of growing pains. 

The biggest lesson to learn is that, as a caring person by nature, I can’t have greater expectations for someone than the amount of concern I’m willing to exert. 

For the equation to be balanced:
 I must even out my expectation by my amount of care
(How much effort I'm willing to devote = my expectations)
Before you give up, ask yourself is there anything at all (usually [aaaalllwwaayyysss] at least one more) that you can do to try and create peace within the friendship?
Good news?  God’s purpose for that friendship, trumps my problems [aaaaaalllllwwwaaaayyysssss]
So don’t be discouraged.
Not all memories/people/emotions are meant to be.  If it doesn’t work out
Don’t be sad, but understand there is a much much much expansive landscape being painted with
Splatters of sunshine, and murky muddle all over.  Because that’s what? That’s life.

So whether you’re wallowing in the wilderness, find the ability to sing in the rain and dance in the downpour.

Because, well that’s life.

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change.
It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves


If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "learning how to care"