I want to live today
In order to live free, today. I must let go of all inhibitions. The difference between living free in Christ and free in the world is like a kite.
My past mistakes, heartbreaks and even memories that leave a sweeter ache all tie me down to the past.
I constantly wrangle with saying, "Cool, I'm going to live free without a care in the world because I gave all of those to God. So I'm going to run with, against, and swirl with the wind -- lost in the breeze -- until I land somewhere nice and comfy; because once I'm there, I'm sure that cozy seat is 'of God'." But, as much as I want to embrace this "free spirit" lifestyle I can't. There's nothing noble in distancing yourself so far from feeling that you've lost all reason to care.
Feelings, passion, genuine raw emotions are the fragrances of the world.
Bland food, bland people, bland world are unattractiveness at its finest. The zest of life is found in the string of the kite. Instead of cutting the string from the hand-holder to the kite and saying, "gone with the wind," I need to turn my head upside down and possibly throw in a slap of reality. The kite is meant to fly billowing in the sky.
The kite can't fly without it's string.
Because you see, the hand that's holding the string, or rather, the hand that's holding my hand through life is Jesus. He wants to see me fly. That's what he created me to do.
Before I Die, I pray that I live. I cannot live if I don't grasp what living looks like. Living doesn't look like instagram 'likes' and it doesn't sound like text message buzzes. It doesn't come in the shape of rose petals on my bedroom floor. Life comes in the freedom to know I was made to fly. We, as humans, are so used to driving our own cars that we forget not only what it looks like -- but that we can fly.
As you convict my heart may I let go of my yesterdays, so that I can enjoy my todays... I give all my grimmy so you can make it shinny. May the crux of my faith not be looking backwards for spiritual sustenance but forward.
Christianity hinges on repentance. I can't do away with sin
through redefinition. Christ does away with sin through redemption. Like
everyone else in this broken world, I am a great sinner. But Christ is a great
Savior.
Thanks for this reminder Lord.
living in love and loving in light.
#WHO'SYOURHANDHOLDER
#WHO'SYOURHANDHOLDER
No Response to "If I Die Tomorrow "
Post a Comment