Posted by Fidelity in

I said this one's for my Summer... summer.
Ok, so I don't know how to comment on your posts- yes, I am that blogspot illiterate- but lets just say I loved what you wrote. I feel like it's neat because although God made us all completely different from our physical appearances to personality to pet peeves, we're still so similar at the same time. I think He uses things like experiences, environment and emotions as a way for us to relate with one another on a deeper level. And as weird as this sounds I feel as though our hearts are in a similar spot (ironically enough I'm not talking about blogspot). Lol
Ok so here goes my blog. I read over James 1 today- about testing our faith and how when troubles come our way we should consider it an opportunity for great joy. And how faith is nothing without endurance. Endurance... what is this? Well I know that in an athletic standpoint I would fail at my sport without it. Without endurance I wouldn't be able to last 4 hours of softball practice... and how does one create this endurance u might ask? The answer is simple- with practice. Without endurance I can't even achieve in school because without studying and good study habits I have nothing. Food gives me endurance to survive my day. Imagine: you, driving to class late in the rain. As you scramble to get your things out of the car you drop all of your homework in a puddle. Now here comes the test- what do you do next? Do you choose to pout your pain away in the puddle or shake it off and walk away with your head up. This image really showed me that without endurance I can't maintain joy in the face of the devil. As I continued reading, James reminded me of God's promise. The promise that those who patiently endure testing and temptation will receive the crown of life. Patience, Patience, Patience... o how I need to pray for patience. Thank you Jesus and thank you James for this wonderful enlightenent of the word this morning!
1 Response to "the protestants call that Englightenment of the Word"
you are such a great writer!! ha i love it. and i love that picture. you are at the funeral right now while im at that coffee shop. u are such a great friend to tess i bet she is sooo grateful that you are there with her today. i know my family is quite as "Cool" as yours ;) but im glad you got to meet them this weekend cause i know they LOVE yoU!
Post a Comment