forever young, a myth?

0 comments

So, I'm officially done with my second year of college.  I'm gonna say that again, in case anyone missed it: I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH MY SECOND YEAR OF COLLEGE.  I am a JuNiOR! ???Como What???
Ah, The HORROR!
I had made a post a while ago, regarding the song "Forever Young" by Jay Z and I related it back to Psalm 36 and how we can be rejuvenated in his rivers of delight and drink from his fountain in youth.  How, only in God can we be forever young.  Well, I still completely agree with that; however, that song has taken on a new meaning to me.  Now, I feel that when I was younger I never thought "tomorrow" could come quick enough.  I thought I was going to be a "child forever."  But now that I am officially not a "teenager" any more, I realize how those feelings couldn't have been any falser.  I wish I could just push stop on the stopwatch of life.  Or freeze this moment I'm in and soak it all up before it's gone.  Or what if life was like a remote, where we could rewind and fast-forward as we pleased... "CLICK."  \
Well, I believe that life wouldn't be very interesting.  If we were in control of our lives, things would be a mess.  If we controlled when and where and what we were doing at every second, quite frankly, that would be downright boring.  That element of mystery would be gone.  The element that someone bigger and much smarter is in control of my life right now.  Whether I like the way things are going right now or I don't, it doesn't matter.  I need to trust and fight for what I believe is true during the hard times and remain faithful and humble during the good times.  I need to learn to love every day as it comes and enjoy every moment I'm in, because every moment I endure is in the end, edifying for me as a person. 
So, back to my original topic.  I am now a junior and what this has made me see, is that I will never be "forever young."  I'm not going to be in college for the rest of my life, I'm not going to have this time with these people like this again, and I'm sure as heck not going to be able to live at home with my parents for the rest of my life.  So it's time I stop sulking in that fact, and start enjoying.  
Enjoying the moments. 
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "forever young, a myth?"