truly inspiring

0 comments
Dear Norie, thanks for being my friend.  I wanted to make a short but sweet post after I read your last blog (http://noriemue.blogspot.com/2010/07/pslam-42.html).  It was centered on Psalm 42, a beautiful psalm with convicting words.  It really called to attention my efforts.  I am constantly saying to myself i want to "be a light"  and often say, "live in love and love in light."  Although this is a catchy saying, it's more than that.  What does it mean exactly to be a light or love in light?  When I think of a light I think of a switch.  The light is not in control of itself but instead attached by cords and strings this light-bulb can do something magical...  Make a dark room bright.  Inspiring really.  I'd like to say unfortunately, but actually not unfortunately because if this was a switch that I could control my eyes would be as they often are- downcast and worried about my own problems.  "My tears have been my food day and night" Psalm 42:3 But since light is a switch that I can't control.  If I want to be efficient and productive in my efforts I must reach much higher because the light switch is on a wall that is far to high and tall for me to reach, it's on a wall that is escalated up to the heavens.  Where that light switch, is where my father is.  And I need to reach up to him and bring my eyes to him and my heart and my mouth and my motives and actions to him if I want to be a light. 
In all, the Lord is where my power is.  He is where I learn what love is.  He is where the hub for my power is.  He is where is live.  Without him, without my friendship with him, without my yearning for his heartbeat.  I have nothing.
Thanks for this post Norie, it spurred something inside me.  Well, not something... the holy spirit.  Can't wait to hear from you, good luck playing more softball this weekend and i can't wait to hear from you.    
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "truly inspiring"