Posted by Fidelity in
in tRaNsLaTiOn
I mean Spanish Linguistics and Spanish Literary Analysis. Lets be for real now. This has to be a joke. I'm no Mexican! Although lets be for real... sometimes I pretend I am. Ha. So ya I have been lost in translation. If you can only imagine, I'm trying to keep my head above water in these classes. I come prepared with my spanish dictionary on my desk and just take notes like crazy about which labios make the redondonado o grave noise. Or which alegoría o símbolo is hidden in this Spanish story. It's great fun. I mean really, yall are missing out. Ehhh alright lets be for real. Yall know that I'm totally loving it. Haha, I mean it's tough yes but definitely intriguing. I mean in all honestly no person can say they don't like learning. It's not always a fun process but once you can say something educated about a topic you never thought you would know anything about, lets be for real... that's pretty dang cool.
in COntENtiON
As in competition. As in getting my butt whooped. Boy-oh-boy. This has been quite a week. If I had to summarize it in one word I would say... pedantic. Kind of because it was the first word that came to my mind (lets be honest, I was sorting through the small word bank in my brain of tough words... not much to work with ok). But in a weird way it kind of makes sense. I remember when I first learned what this word meant. It was in my English Class sophomore year of high school (06 baby) and we were reading Lord of the Flies. "Pedantic Piggy" You know Piggy. The smart boy who made the sundial to tell time. Well it all started off when coach asked me to come into practice an hour early to do extra outfield work. During that extra hour of practice I literally didn't think I could breathe right. Coach seemed to analyze everything little thing I did. This season is so important to her, that she became overly concerned with teaching me every little thing. Well and from then on out the week progressively got worse to the point that coach announced to the whole team "we have a gapping whole in Right Field. As you all know Hubby has been our starting right fielder, but as of this week she has lost that position. So if anyone wants that position raise your hand and talk to me after class and we'll arrange you practice time there."
As in the end. As in no questions asked. Gone.
But you know what Lord. Thank you. Thank you for these humbling weeks. Thank you for showing me that I am not all that and a bag of chips. I am not entitled to anything and if I really want that position then I better darn well get my butt out there and show it.
Let me end by saying Sunday night I received a text from coach after practice (yes the one where she announced my un-consented resignation from my position) "I am soooo proud of you. Today was the best day you've had all year. Keep fighting"
Hmm...
Thank you Lord again, for mystery. I just never really know what's going on do I. But I called coach after I received that text message partly because I felt she texted the wrong person and I needed to clarify and then partly because I just needed to figure out how I could lose something within 2 days. And you know what she told me. She said, you know what Hubby, you know how much you believe in God. Like you're sold out and live for him 100% on and off the field. Well, why don't you trust in the talent he gave you and trust your training and yourself on the field as much as you trust in Him.
Boom.
As in wow.
So Lord please be with me this up-coming week because I know season is about to start and once that happens the line-up is pretty much written with an ink pen. Please Lord let me embody the faith that I feel for you on the field. Let me make music with my athletic abilities and share it with the rest of my team. Please grant me the humility to remember where my abilities came from in the first place. Thank you Lord for this opportunity. Amen.
in orsTICHire
yes. It's a place. Just look it up. I mean I don't have much to say about this one other than the fact that boys are dumb. Boys are confusing and stupid.
haha yes. I do want to add that I texted my dad that (boys are dumb- nothing more nothing less) one morning and let me just go ahead and recite his response because as to expected... yes, it was classic.
"Yes. Relationships are the most complex, dynamic, things you'll ever deal with. Believe it or not, it's worse than hitting, and you know how much time and effort that takes. I figure if you understand it 35% or a .350 batting avg. Love and keep dancing. Bust a groove."
in what else... LOST
Ah. Now it's time for me to apologize about my hiatus from blogging. There's really no explanation for it. But I can try and blame it on my new favorite show. Which is probably not going to come as any surprise after the theme of this blog, but yes, you guessed it... LOST. I love it. Like seriously the writers for that show deserve so much money. I don't know how they come up with all of that. Man I'm jealous.
But it all started on New Years Eve. I was at home with the fam (I mean duh, that's what most 20 year olds do). But we decided to netflix something and we were like "eigh, lets try Lost" and oh my dear did we all get hooked. We (I say we but really it was I) couldn't even turn the show off to watch the ball drop! Woopsy!
This show is so great, if you have yet to watch it I highly recommend that you give it a chance. Especially if you have the season and don't have to worry about commercials and can just kick back and go episode through episode.
Warning: consumer might not be able to differentiate between reality and the Lost world.
No joke, I go to sleep wondering why Kate's past is so mysterious and how Sawyer and Kate have a secret love affair going on, and worrying about what Jack and John are going to do.
So great!
2 Response to Lost
soooo many things i love about this post.
spanish what to the what??? i don't care what you say. if you are in that class with that crazy name, you yourself are one of the following: 1. crazy 2. a mexican or 3. a crazy mexican.
secondly, i'm totally jealous. it sounds like so much difficult fun. i miss learning. don't tell anyone. or do. i don't care. that's how much i love it.
secondly, what coach said to you. wowza. that's some c.s. lewis stuff right there. ya, she dropped a spiritual knowledge bomb on you...and you know what's cool...she didn't at the same time. i mean, ya she said it, but she didn't say it. God said it through her. like so cool. He uses anyone and everyone. love love love it. and ya, b hubbs, He is so right. you just need to trust. trust Him. trust the talent He's given you. TRUST.
which is a good segway to relationships...because as i'm learning from being married, they revolve around trust. do i trust charlie to make that decision without my consent? do i trust him to love me forever? do i trust that he cares for me and is just looking out? trust trust trust! it's crazy. it's crazy hard. but it can also be crazy good. and fyi: your father is amazing. like he's batting a thousand in my book. :)
also, i can't get into LOST because i'm doing a lot less tv watching these days, but it sounds fun. especially since you share it with your fam.
and the pic of u and tu madre. love.
i miss u by the way.
aww yay! I'm glad we've both reverted back to our old blogging lives! And commenting because i miss you! And I'm sad your friends are moving! That's no fun at all! This really is the best social networking out there! If only we could start a movement and get all of our friends blogging! Oh how different the world would be! And then your friends that are moving wouldn't be so far away because you'd be able to k.i.t
:)
Post a Comment