Posted by Fidelity in
creative writing,
music
I love music so much. There's little other therapy that speaks straight to your soul when you're most vulnerable and lost. There's little else that you can feel comfortable opening up the deepest parts of your soul and getting lost in the words of the song. Music speaks when you can't voice past the tears, it rejoices when normal rhetoric doesn't seem to do your emotions justice, it is the only escape where I do not have to hide what I feel. Since I love music so much, I find value in purchasing the actual c.d.'s. I love being able to see the full packaging that the artist wrapped up their masterpiece in. It gives me a deeper look at who they really are. My favorite part is to read their "Thank You" and "Prologue" section. These two albums titled "Red" by Ne-Yo (released November 6,2012 )and Taylor Swift (released October 22, 2012)each said something worth sharing about music and life. And frankly, it made me realize and appreciate how talented of a writer Swift is.
by Taylor Swift
"love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right"
-Swift
There's an old poem by Neruda that I've always been captivated by, and one of the lines in it has stuck with me ever since the first time I read it. It says "love is so short, forgetting is so long." It's a line I've related to in my saddest moments, when I needed to know someone else had felt that exact same way. And when we're trying to move on, the moments we always go bac to aren't the mundane ones. They are the moments you saw sparks that weren't really there, felt stars aligning without having any proof, saw your future before it happened, and then saw it slip away without any warning. These are moments of newfound hope, extreme joy, intense passion, wishful thinking, and in some cases, the unthinkable letdown. And in my mind, every one of these memories loks the same to me. I see all of these moments in bright, burning, red.
My experiences in love have taught me difficult lessons, especially my experiences with crazy love. The red relationships. The ones that went from zero to a hundred miles per hour and then hit a wall and exploded. And it was awful. And ridiculous. And desperate. And thrilling. And when the dust settled, it was something I'd never take back. Because there is something to be said for being young and needing someone so badly, you jump in head first without looking. And there's something to be learned from waiting all day for a train that's never coming. And there's something to be proud of about moving on and realizing that real love shines golden like starlight, and doesn't fade or spontaneously combust. Maybe I'll write a whole album about that kind of love if I ever find it. But this album is about the other kinds of love that I've recently fallen in and out of. Love that was treacherous, sad, beautiful, and tragic. But most of all, this record is all about love that was red.
by Ne-Yo
RED, IN ANY AND EVERY INSTANCE IS A COLOR THAT REPRESENTES,
EXTREMITY, APPEAL, PASSION AND POWER.
IT'S THE COLOR THAT TELLS YOU WHO OR WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION TO, WHO THE STAR OF THE STORY IS.
IT'S A WARNING, IT'S AN EXPRESSION OF LOVE AND LUST.
IT'S TROUBLE AND TRIUMPH, JOY AND PAIN.
IT'S THE FIGURE THAT MAKES A CHILD SMILE
OR AN ADULT'S INTERPRETATION OF THEIR WORST NIGHTMARE...
IT'S A COLOR THAT DOESN'T JUST CATCH THE EYE,
IT DEMANDS NOTORIETY, ALMOST HYPNOTIC IN ITS ABILITY TO CONTROL,
TO FORCE YOU TO DO WHAT IT WANTS...
"STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND NOTICE ME.."
RED IS A COLOR WITH AN UNDENIABLE PRESENCE,
AN NON APOLOGETIC BOLDNESS, AN IRRESISTIBLE CHARISMA...
IT'S THE STUFF THAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF...
No Response to "RED"
Post a Comment