Posted by Fidelity in
In their blind conceit,
they cannot see how wicked they really are.
psalm 36:2
this verse is so true. It's so simple yet true. It applies in so many ways. When you are living in sin your vision becomes cloudy. Your ability to decipher between right and wrong is also hindered. It's hard to live in a cloud of conceit (an excessively favorable opinion of ones own ability or importance). It's like living blind. God is our light and without him we live in darkness. If your body is dark, oh how great is that darkness (Matthew 6:22). In your light, we see light (Psalm 36:8-9). Think about how hard it is to move around in your house in the dark. Super hard right. But when we live in the darkness, it becomes normal. Day after day we learn how to maneuver in the darkness. We learn where things are and in a way our eyes adjust and their vision becomes clearer to the darkness. I believe this equates to sin. When you sin. It works to take over your life. It does whatever it can to dominate all aspects of your life. After a while living in sin (and darkness) is not only a habit, but it's normal. I pray that I wont be desensitized to the sin in my life. I pray that my passions don't become my master. I pray that I will only have one master in my life. And that master is Jesus Christ.
Choose to take the high road today. "Your ways are not my ways and your thoughts are not my thoughts" says the Lord in Isaiah 55:8-9 I wanna walk the high road of heaven. The road that is higher than any other road imaginable. I want to choose to set myself apart. I want to be not of this world. I want to reach for the stars and land among your heavenly grace.
Please Lord grant me the peace I've been searching for today. Grant me the knowledge to know that your ways are above mine. And that the path of darkness is not my desire. I don't want darkness to rule over me in any area of my life. And lastly Lord grant me the understanding that a relationship with you is all you long for. I pray that I will be dependent on you today Lord. That I wont hoard the knowledge you have been so graciously abounding me with but share it with all of those in my life, by way of my words and my actions.
No Response to " "
Post a Comment