Posted by Fidelity in
if only every Saturday was the same.if only we could script our lives.
if only we knew what was to come.
if only, if only.
"the best perhaps is perhaps what we understand the least" C.S. Lewis
the answer is there.
mystery.
that's the answer.
why would i pursue something I already knew?
I'm fascinated by that which I don't know and don't understand.
There's something intriguing about the ambiguous
This is the same with my God.
Many times I don't understand him. Isaiah 55:8 tells me his ways are not my ways and that his ways are higher than the heavens. He promises to work everything out for my good, which is displaying his glory. The second part of my favorite verse, Romans 12:2 says we will be able to test his will- his good, pleasing and perfect will. God is a god of mystery. And that mystery is what keeps me coming back for more. My lack of understanding is a further illustration of his power and complete knowing of all things.
How great to know, that no matter how much I pursue my God I will never know all there is to know about him. His wisdom and might and glory are never ending.
Thank you Lord for the mysterious enigma and surpassing wonder that you are.
No Response to "Saturdays..."
Post a Comment