2011 TAKE THAT (cmas break pt. 2)

3 comments


It's Christmas, give love 'til there's peace

'Til there's more than enough
It's Christmas, give love
It's all about love, yea, yea, yea





That is one of our family's favorite Christmas songs.  And yes I am about to go there.  I'm about to talk about Christmas like it was yesterday.  Laugh all you want, but yes it was that amazing of a time I can't just let it pass by like it didn't happen.  And no, I am not that unacquainted with the concept of time and realize it is nearly 2 months subsequent to the actual date.
Well here we go yo.
This Christmas was:
how do i put it?
AMAziNG
Every Year Santa Never Ceases to Surprise Me.
What's so remarkable is not the lavish expenditures or inveigle presents.  (Yes, I am that much of a nerd and that was the word of the day on dictionary.com- it means to entice or lure by flattery)
But the genuine emotions we all felt.  There was no where any of us would have rather been but together.  Together in our house that we grew up in, in the city we grew up in with the neighbors, joshua trees and blue sky that we were used to.  Together with the incredible 5.  My family.


For all of you who don't feel this way about your family- which I hope you all do- you can meet my family and love them like I do.  But if not, we have Jesus.  Yes, the messiah, the son of God, the saving lamb who "took up our infirmities and carried our diseases" (Matt 8:17).  He loves us more than we could ever love Him.  But hey, that's a pretty cool task. 
     Love me as much as you can.  And once you do that.  I love you that much times higher than you could even count.  I mean he knows how many hairs are on our head (Matt 8:30).  Shoot, the numbers of hair change on my head every time I take a shower to every time I put a shirt on.  You got it going on Jesus.  What power you have.  
     I want my God to be big.  I'm talking BIG.  Bigger than my deepest desires can dream up.  Bigger than my love for my family.  Bigger than my love for oreo's-- although I will argue with anyone who wants to say those aren't a gift from heaven (I know for sure they will be in heaven).
Big like the list of qualities for my ideal husband.  Shooot, God invented the word ideal.
     Big.


Right.  Christmas.
MMMMM.  Sparkling cider, mashed potatoes, Christmas music, precious puppies, an air of tacit excitement, and the genuine love in everyone's hearts melts the room to the perfect temperature.  
Perfect.
That's what my time was at home.  I literally can't say enough what a blessing it is to have the best of both worlds.  I go to school at the cream-of-the-crop university, play for the can't-touch-this softball team and go home to the better-than-yours family.  
[That was quite the egregious comment] (;D)
But really.  


So 2011 is a big year for my family.

Probably because #11 is the best number out there!!!
Here's a list of the monumentalness of this year!
     Jan. 11: My parents 25th wedding anniversary
     Jan. 16: Bree's 21st bday
     Jan. 23: Miaje's 18th bday
     April 11: Jazz's 13th bday
     Nov. 8: Fafi's 50th bday


So to celebrate, we went to... VEGAS!!!!! 
...where else

it was stupendous!  These pictures capture the full on great time we had there
-minus- of course the part where someone broke into our car and stole all the great deals we had bought at the outlet stores.  But here, lets let pictures be pictures and speak for themselves
yaaaaa






























If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

3 Response to 2011 TAKE THAT (cmas break pt. 2)

Anonymous
February 24, 2011 at 9:46 AM

baha yayyy!!! :)
you finally have the pictures!!
...i wonder what took so long? ;)

Anonymous
February 24, 2011 at 9:48 AM

p.s....i like the "egregious" comment hahaha

February 25, 2011 at 9:04 PM

baha yaaa that's a great question probably some lil fart of a thing i call my sister. she's just a really popular person ya know. one day i hope to be like her