Friday, February 4, 2011 at 6:01 AM
Posted by Fidelity in
Cmas Break
Before I get too far into the semester I want to rewind for a second and recap my Christmas Break '10- '11 at home! Ah it was a blast! It was the first break since I've been in college that I spent entirely in California. Which is kinda funny thinking about the fact that I semi-missed the AZ. But that was quickly forgotten after all the great memories and family I got to see over break. It all quickly began with Gary Michael's Wedding! He got married December 17th in Palm Springs. It was a really beautiful event, I mean any time you bring all them Clark babies together you're not gonna get much else. But Gary Michael looked so happy, I know Uncle Gary was looking down from heaven with a smile of deep love for his son to have found his soul mate. It was really funny because at the wedding there were these two mixed-girl sisters. They looked about my age and of course all us girl cousins decided to try and hook that girl up with Michael Scott lol. He was so embarrassed it was precious. We kept trying to get him to dance with her and he wouldn't, he just like stood awkwardly next to her on the dance floor. I love that kid. But as to be expected, after the reunion on Gary Michael's wedding, all us kiddos didn't want to separate. So we invited everyone up to V.V.! And you wanna know what happened... they actually came! It was like crazy, in all the years I've been alive that never happens. But shoot I'm not complaining, it was so fun.


And the best part of it all was Kalina did me up all ghetto fabulous. She corn-rowed my hair and then the next day I dressed up as a cholla and walked down and gave mom a big-'ol hug when she was cooking "chip-beef" for breakfast. It was hillarious. In a high pitched squeel, "Ah. What. EEEEW. OMG WHAT'S ON UR FACE. OMG. OMG DON'T HUG ME U LOOK GROSS. AH"baha it was great. She was legit grossed out, and I had to wash my face directly after (well by that I mean she tackled me on the couch with a wash cloth and rubbed it off), but not before I got some great pictures by professional photographer Uncle Olin. Look to the left for some Cholla Gangstaness. Taneisha even coached me on how to talk "cholla" when I walked downstairs. She said to say, "eh chewy you seen my lowrider"
Okay so a quick backup. CHIPPED BEEF. By a show of hands, how many of you have tried that before. Let me say Aunt Vonnie introduced it to us Hubbard's and it's pretty dang good yo. Especially with an over-easy egg on some toast, mmmm mmmmm good
now for some pictures of Katrina's (which wasn't mentioned earlier because I wasn't there so I can't attest to the experience... but the pictures are pretty) and Gary Michael's weddings
Aunt Vonnie, Uncle Olin, Taneisha and Simone all stayed at our house for about a week before Christmas, which was so fun. I can't remember the last time I spent with them like that. Taneisha was doing her MAC online work in the mornings and then talking boys with me and Ajee the rest of the day (ha we had lots of problems over break lol... like funny ones). And I got to drive Aunt Vonnie's amazing Hybrid Highlander car... in the rain. Oh yeah, it rained a lot. Like to the point where we kinda wondered if our house was going to float away in a river... I mean some cars did.


But after they left, another really cool event that included more family happened. It was an interesting Christmas break to put it in a nutshell. One one hand it was a Christmas break that could have given jaded and disconsolate feelings of a broken family. But on the other hand, it was a Christmas break that gave hope and excitement for a connection amidst a family that has been long gone. So although we lost a connection on one side we gained it back in full on the other side. The broken side is very painful and hard to think about, but there was a sliver of hope during break. Daddy's grandma was in town visiting grandpa at his home in Palm Springs. And one day my daddy told us we all had to go to Palm Springs with him to go visit grandpa, Penny, and daddy's grandma (she's like 95... and looks amazing). But sad to say, none of us wanted to go. Lets just say that grandpa hasn't really been present in our lives, nor the biggest fan of my interracial loving parents. And so this was a big step... for all of us. It ended up being a great night of quaint conversation, except not in my corner. I sat with Penny which means my conversation was anything but normal or appropriate. That lady. Overall it was a night to be thankful for. Family isn't always picture perfect. No one is. So how can we expect our family to be. We just must Love. And love without question. And love in full.

Now something else was also introduced to my life during break. This is not your ordinary game. No this my friends is for the obsessed. An elite group all of my own that I made up and am president of. The "pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground dance lovers crew". World meet: JUST DANCE, and MICHAEL JACKSON EXPERIENCE ...(for wii)
WARNING: Attempted dancers may suffer possible side effects (see below picture)
but it's totally worth it (see below videos)
WELL EVERYONE: It's been real. But this blog has gotten quite too long so I'm gonna extend it over into pt. 2 of my christmas break at home in fear of adding to much multimedia content to this blog that it decides not to run anymore... or worse just delete all my content.
Ha and yessss I totally whooped Harrison's butt. Take that punk!
woo!
Sometimes you just gotta... BuSt A mOvE!!!
If you like this post, please share it!
1 Response to A wonderful December (cmas break pt. 1)
brittney marie hubbard,
everytime i read these blogs they seriously make my day. It makes me miss you like absolute craziness!!!! You are such an amazing person and I cannot wait to see where you go in life.
But yea.....this break was definitely one of the best breaks EVER!! It was so perfect <3 in all its imperfections it was absolutely the best!
I cannot wait till we get to do it all over again.
Sorry i suck at writing and can't write something super amazing back to you but yea. I love u to pieces sweet cheeks <3 (baha)
<3 always, the best little sister ever,
meeeeeee!
Post a Comment