Posted by Fidelity in
resolution
Church means so much to me during the week. It's my only source of spiritual food/time/peace in the whole week. Now look at how sad that is, it's time to put things into perspective. I go to HDC (High Desert Church) in Victorville, Ca. One of the mega-churches in our small town when you look at size and attendance. Yet when you type that address of HDC into google maps and scale it down, what used to seem so big isn't so big after all Same with our issues/problems; now if our God is for us then who could every stop us and if our God is with us than what can stand against us? With God, these issues wont seem as big to me. By staying in his presence daily and carrying him along with me like he carries me I will be less eager to fight. My emotions will be more consistent. I don't want to be that person anymore that is so extreme happy/inspirational/ in love one moment and than extremely mad/complacent/ and hateful another. It's hard to grow and build others and be in a relationship when you as a person are like the sand at the beach: one minute you are sprawled out soaking in the sun and then another the waves come and take you under. Now if when we're at church and we feel the need/drive to write everything down and your mind is going a million miles away, the pastors words become an annoying buzz in the background (kinda like how I was last night) than you've been out of God's word for far too long.
Get in, stay in and you will
Build up others in His
Reflection
Seeing that this weekend marks the midpoint of the year (I think Saturday June 18th to be exact) I'm making my first resolution of my entire life.
"oh be careful little eyes what you see, oh be careful little ears what you hear" my mom has preached these words to me my entire life, but not until Friday when I was out at the mall with my other interns did I finally become convicted to action on this. Here's the reason why: I had just found my new favorite butterfly necklace to date at the Guess outlet and after the other interns say my genuine joy they asked why I liked butterflies so much. This is when it hit me, I've known this girls for a week now and they don't know about my Jesus and my faith. This made me briefly sad, so when I explained that my favorite verse is Romans 12:2 "do not conform to the patterns of the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" I was slightly hesitant to go down this deep road of my beliefs and convictions. I was scared that what they got of me or their first impression wasn't going to line up with my words at that moment. And it wasn't because I spent that much time with them and we did anything outrageous, we literary were at work together all week, but still this idea baffled me that I wanted my heart to line up with my mouth. And one extension of my mouth is my ipod and the music I listen to. So from here on out I'm going to stop listening to hip-hop/rap music on my ipod. wooo! And I'm going to get back into blogging, I truly have a passion for writing. It helps me so much for self-reflection to see a visual of my daily interactions/actions and motives of my heart. So here we go!
reflection on the title: this idea hit me as I was finishing up typing this idea
Scope: as in the more obvious definition- putting things into real life perception and seeing things out of the correct life lens
or
Scope: as in the mouthwash- I want to wash my mouth (my ipod) with Scope. I'm going to clean out the influence of words that come into my ears, so from now on when people ask for me to be the dj in their car: no more Lil Wayne, Rick Ross or Drake. If they don't like my music than puck a different dj.
So this is my mid-year resolution! Gotta stay in prayer to see that I can make it with doing this. I understand I can't always control my surroundings and if someone has a song on in the car I'm not going to make everyone feel uncomfortable and change the music because I've given it up, but when it's in my control like my ipod or car, I wont choose to listen to that.
No Response to "SCOPE"
Post a Comment