la verdad les libertará - the truth will set you free

0 comments

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE 

Have you ever thought about this statement?
John 8:32 says, "Then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"

How many times has this happened where you say, 
"just tell me the truth"


"just be honest with me"


"I can handle the truth"

But how often that once we find out the truth we get mad and think to ourselves 
"I wish they never told me that" 

and it pains us to know the harsh reality of our lives.  It's hard, it's convicting and it makes our next decision that much more important.  How we respond to the truth is the biggest act of someone's character.  It's easy to cover up the motives for my actions when I'm living in the dark.  If someone questions what I'm doing I can simply tell them "you don't know what's going on" or "there's more to the story"

But when I actually answer those questions for myself "what is really going on?"  "what is the 'more' to the story?"  Often times, I find that I don't even want to know the answer.  Because truth makes life ugly and complicated.

And that's the exact opposite of how it should be.  I should not feel burdened by the truth.  "Ah shoot, now I have to deal with this situation."  But instead I should say "Thank You"

Thank you for revealing to me what my eyes were once closed to.

Ultimately, if any of us are going to live a life of meaning and a life that when my days are numbered and I stand before the Lord a life that I can say "Lord I'm not perfect but I lived for you" then I must confront the truth of the state of my life. 
What is the state of my heart? What is the foundation of my relationships?  
Am I being honest with myself? Or am I covering up the holes in my life with lies from the devil 
that tell me this is all I deserve, and I'm not good enough for anything better?
Because all that is are LIES.

What's the opposite of truth? 
Lies

Who speaks the truth?
God

Who speaks lies?
Devil

Let us not be like those Jesus speaks about in Matthew that 

"though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand...
For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes.  otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them."  Matthew 13:13-15

Let us listen to the revelation of Jesus' brother when he tells us

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" James 5:16


Today, I call myself out for I have closed my eyes to the truth for so long.  No longer will I let the devil trap me in the darkness of a life of lies.  

For I have seen [know] the truth and I will [let go] be set free.  
my translation: I know and will let go


let go, and let God 


that in and of itself is quite the freeing experience.  Don't hold on to your burden any longer.  Give it to the Lord and let him take full control of the situation for I am his daughter and my sisters and brothers are likewise his children.  He will provide and take care of us and work everything out if I stop trying to manufacture the outcome of the situation and let "Jesus take the wheel." 

"come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11: 28-30

If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "la verdad les libertará - the truth will set you free"