Posted by Fidelity in
So, I went to bed at 9:30pm last night. Ah, the wonder of sleep. I have been neglecting myself of a solid night of sleep for a several days now. I came home from leadership at 9 last night and I had a pounding headache. I figured it was from a lack of sleep. It took me a while to fall asleep but oh how great do I feel now. I woke up at 5:30 randomly and checked my phone as if I was late for something. I think my body's used to get around 7 hours of sleep so once it got that it was like okay time to wake up. The tink tink tinkling of raindrops and grumble of thunder woke me up this morning. I just sat in the bathroom and listened to it for a while. Ah, I love the rain. The only thing that I would have to say I dislike is getting to and from class (kinda hard to ride my scoot in the rain). I wonder what God's trying to tell us right now through his creation.
Great news, we mercied all of our games this weekend. Unfortunately I don't recall any of the names of the teams we played. But on the weekend we had about 15 home runs. It was incredible! I didn't get to play because my two at bats on Friday were awful. I "K'd" out twice :( So I'm just working on my hitting. My fielding is totally there.
Homework for this week: write my proposal, read chapter 5 (50 pages) and take notes of PR, read and take notes of chapter 9 and 2 for health promotions, study for my Spanish midterm and write composition #2.
This weekend coming up we have another home tournament. My friend Erin that I met this summer in Arizona (we played together on Arizona Storm- womens team) will be there. She plays for Belmont so that will be cool seeing her.
I'm putting my mouth in check. Because I feel like sometimes I speak my mind too much. Like this past weekend Sikes had said some rude comments to me. I was just standing in the outfield and she was all "wow look at all those people in the infield, Hubbs didn't you play infield" and my response was "Really Sikes, wow, as if you didn't see me start plenty of fall games at Short this summer. nice." and then yesterday and she was all "umm Hubbs, why do you have a mouthpiece in" "Well Sikes, I just played infield in the game... if you weren't so focused on yourself you might have noticed someone else but yourself" Ah, it's the truth but I maybe shouldn't have said it that way. So putting myself in check. I also noticed that spending so much time in the dugout makes you very judgmental. Like you just start judging people, whether it be little things like their pants or how they're playing. It's awful.
I went to Leadership last night for the first time since I had my epiphany that "I didn't want to be involved in that anymore" and it was kinda boring but it was beneficial. I'm trying to figure out if I'm making it boring or if it just is. Because when I go, I don't really talk to anyone, because I don't know them. It was beneficial though because the Holy Spirit moved my dragging feet to action. Immediately after leadership I texted my team to see who would be interested in participating in a Bible Study at my house Wednesday nights. Sikes, Olney, Murph, Sarah bear, Alanna and Lacey are all in. I'm so stoked! That's a bigger turnout than I was expecting. I just have to be praying now for what God wants me to teach.
Baby steps but Me and Tess are talking again. I hope it lasts for a while this time. I want her to know I'm here for her if she ever needs me.
Last and most importantly, Ajee and Dad went to visit Tennessee State this weekend. It is a division 1, all black school. Miaje really enjoyed her visist. She said the vball coach reminded her of Coach Pam and that the girls were silly and fun. She said there's only two girls on the team with real hair. Ha, she's gonna need to be careful they don't chop hers off. But the coach offered Miaje a full ride for four years and 5 if she red shirts. She has a week to decide. The only problem is that Miaje has about 3 more visits to go on. She still has to see the school in Maryland this weekend (which is also an all black school) and then Masters college in California! I'm excited for Masters college because it is a Christian school and they already offered her a full ride. She just needs to go see the school to see if she likes it!
That is a complete answer to all of my family's prayers though because we were just praying for somewhere for Miaje to go play vball. She's so talented and I want her to be able to compete at that level. It stinks because she started playing so late and then with the move to Arizona her senior year her recruiting got messed up. She's stayed positive and handled her situation very maturely though. Although, I would not recommend her to go far away from home I'm excited to see what her decision is going to be. Love you sis!
Time to go hit, or write my proposal. I haven't decided yet. I'm yawning like the crazies and I don't have gas in the truck. Hmmm...
No Response to "heart Thunderstorms"
Post a Comment