squibble squabble talk in Orlando, Fl

0 comments
So, I'm sitting in the "business center" at the Hampton Inn and Suites hotel in Orlando, Fl trying to study for my Spanish test; but, instead I found my way onto the computer.  And we all know what that means.  Time to Blogg lol.  But no, like I re-created my facebook after being off of it for half a year.  I felt guilty that I wasn't keeping in contact with people back at home and whatnot.  But idk, I've really been re-affirmed at why I deleted it in the first place.  Like it's just super boring and distracting and stupid.  Ah, ok now that I got my facebook rant out of the way.
Here's the latest and greatest.  We were scheduled to have a game vs. UCLA today! Awesome right???  YA! Except for the minor detail that a rain tsunami decided to whip through Orlando, Fl today to our game got canceled.  Super big bummer.  It was supposed to be televised on Fl channels too.  I was hoping I'd get to see BB and Aaliyah Macon too! Darn.  We're scheduled to play Michigan tomorrow and that's a huge game because I believe they're ranked third.  So... ya. Go Dawgs!
Valentine's day is this Sunday (yayayay)!  I hope Brian likes his gift.  It's kinda lame, and I realized I didn't put any candy in there.  (Woopsy) we got to skype Friday night though which was really fun.  My road roomeis, Olney and Alanna got to see him on the computer screen.  Ah, so much fun. 
So, this morning there was an FCA event scheduled at 7:30.  I planned on going!  However, a little too late I realized that I set my alarm for Monday-Friday so I missed it.  I was so bummed and so I just went downstairs and read my Bible.  Which was really beneficial, because I got to finish reading through Joshua.  I officially finished today.  I wish I woulda logged down the first day I started so I could know how long it took me to read it.  It was 24 chapters and my goal was to do a chapter a day.  I think I  finished right on time or maybe a sinch early.  I'm not sure.  Anyways, here's a brief synopsis of Joshua and what I got out of it: Joshua was elected to be the leader of Israel and take after Moses' role before Moses' death.  Joshua lead the Isrealites through the Jordan river.  They conquered and killed the kings and those inhabiting the land surrounding.  They wiped out all the sin and lust and greed that was dwelling there.  God did many miraculous things among the way.  Like stopping the sun and moon for a day.  Killing thousands of people with just one man.  Joshua 23:10 says "I will rout a thousand, for the Lord my God fights for me"  that is just such an amazing reminder and promise.  It gives me the attitude and strength to say BRING IT ON.  The Israelites stayed faithful throughtout Joshua's life and the life of the elders and judges that experienced God's miracles.  Joshua elected the elders and judges to lead Israel through the battles to come.  And reminded them that it wasn't anything they had done but all what the Lord had done through them.  I think that's neat because the next chapter in the bible is Judges.  I learned that so many verses that I have heard and love come from Joshua.  For example "for me and my household we will serve the Lord" (chapter 24- I'm doing this all from memory so I don't have the exact scripture in front of me).  It was great getting to read about the stone wall coming down.  How they marched for seven days.  Joshua also put huge significance on the ark of the covenant.  It made me want to look more into studying it.  I also thought there was a motif of "into your hands" which signified deliverance. 
I will be with you.  I will not leave or forsake you.  Be strong and courageous. Joshua 1:5-6.  Whenever times got scary God was right there to comfort and strenghten Joshua and the Israelites.  Such an amazing story.  And chapter 24 was a great conclusion to a great book.
loved it!
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "squibble squabble talk in Orlando, Fl"