Posted by Fidelity in
Another part of our old self can tell us that we're not valuable,that there's something wrong with us, that we can't do anything. A good example of this type of thinking is given in Exodus 4:10-14, which takes place during God's desert visitation to Moses in the burning bush, "But Moses pleaded with the Lord, "O Lord, I'm just not a good speaker. I never have been, and I'm not now, even after you have spoken to me. I'm clumsy with words." "Who makes mouths?" The Lord asked him."Who makes people so the can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see? Is it not I, the Lord?Now go,and do as I have told you. I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say."But Moses again pleaded,"Lord please! Send someone else."Then the Lord became angry with Moses. "All right,"he said. "What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? He is a good speaker, and look! He is on his way to meet you now, and when he sees you, he will be very glad." Why do you think God responded the way He did to Moses? Does this incident in Exodus have any relevance to your own struggles with personal inadequacy? Self-acceptance is basically trusting God for who I am, disabilities or physical flaws and all. We need to learn to think as George MacDonald did when he said. "I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking."
No Response to "Mouth Speech"
Post a Comment