father of mine

0 comments

I love my dad.  
Last night I had a great talk with him.
After I got out of 1631 Bible Study I felt a strong desire to talk to my daddy.  Like I learned about our neighbor Ashley, her father passed away over Christmas break.  It was just a completely random event.  Being so far away from my family I kind of had a freak out inside my head.  Being so far away from them and unsure of the next time I'll get to see them makes me scared.  Because of financial issues I might stay until July and try to work and take classes through first session.  But we'll see.  I want to go home as it is now, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it that long.  
But I had called my dad.  And mom had just got home so everyone was all in good spirits!  I began by "dad... dad... I love you. Like I just want you to know that and I love you... and ya I love you"
ha he was all "hey, I love you too.  I'm so excited mommy's here.  How are you?"
"but dad, in Bible study I learned that I need to open up more because it's not good for me to pent everything up inside me.  And as I talked about everything it made me realize how much and why I look up to you and mom more than anything.  You guys are two of the best people I have ever met.  And you're both together and you're mine.  Like what we're going through could get the best of us and drive you and mommy apart.  But no, you guys are having to deal with this hundreds of miles away from each other and you're still so close"
"aww, thanks Bree.  Honestly this may be a blessing in disguise.  I have learned so much about what mom goes through.  It really makes me appreciate it so much more.  She's so great.  And also to be here for Miaje as she needs to figure out college, I'm glad I can be here to help... Sometimes we have to be taken to the place of complete humbling in order to be receptive to what God's trying to do through us.  And we need to always test our heart so we can check ourselves before we get to this spot.  But yes, it's deinitely hard.  It makes sense for why God puts people in the desert.  We have to remain faithful through the dry parts of life in order to get to the promise land.  And it can be hard at times because you can look to your right and left and see people that aren't living right or just seem to advance straight to the promise land without hard work or faith.  But then I remember God tells us not to look to my right or left but keep my eyes fixed on him.  The eternal race he's set before me.  And if I wasn't looking at those around me then I wouldn't have even noticed what they have and I don't.  If I keep my eyes on Jesus and Jesus only then he will keep me happy in his peace alone"
"Wow, Dad you are the wisest person I know"
"No, it's a battle and I have my ups and downs but I feel this is what God has been teaching me"
"Wow, Dad you're wise and humble... perfect"
"ha, no bree"
and we progressed to talk about softball and again my dad removed the shadow from my mind and shed a new light on my situation.
Basically, it boils down to this:  I have God-given gifts.  Those that are athletic and those that aren't.  I shouldn't let my softball abilities hinder my abilities in other areas.  And if I'm letting myself become bothered by everything around me I'm not going to have a clear mind to succeed in any area.  I know that I want to be the best I can be.  And I need to humble myself and my desires.  Once I truly do that, God will show me what his dreams and desires are for me.  Then and only then can I pursue my destiny!
thank you daddy.  talking to you is always a blessing. love you more than anything!
"Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers." Proverbs 11:14
"Instruct the wise, and they will be even wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn even more." Proverbs 9:9
"Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others." Proverbs 12:15
"Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." Proverbs 15:22


If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "father of mine"