Posted by Fidelity in
Christmas Break 2011
“The older you get,
you’ll see that people change and you grow apart.”
I’ve heard people say this before and always wondered how
true it was. Well, after watching home
videos this break I can assuredly shout a big fat FALSE.
1) Example 1: Head of the Household
Friday Jan 6th, 2012 We, as in all the girls, got
home from shopping and Jazz’s practice to find dad in the kitchen cooking
(pause for dramatic effect). He said
“Welcome to Roscoe’s chicken and waffles.” He’s such a nut. You never know what to expect with him.
Haha. And as we paused for a second to
take in the dorkiness of what he said and what he’s doing. Miaje goes “oh and you’re hosting a Gospel
concert up in your room?” Dad says, “ya
it’s free.” Haha. So then later I’m in mom and dad’s room and
mom’s showing me the new baby clothes they just bought and shows dad this cute
boy outfit that had MVP on the butt.
Only dad would immediately say, “Most Valuable Poop.” How do things come into his head so fast like
that, it’s hilarious! Then later, everyone’s already sleeping and I
had just finished packing, dad storms in my room red faced with a nappy
long-haired blonde wig and Georgia baseball cap on and said “I can’t wait to go
to Palm Springs!!!” Hahaha I couldn’t
stop laughing even to catch a breath. He
then went into the garage and started making scary noises and chasing Tucker
around. It was hilarious. If that doesn’t sound like that dad I grew up
with then I don’t know what does. And I
would like to note that that was all just in one night… imagine living with him
every day, it’s a riot.
January 3, 2011 We were all watching home videos the other
day. Braners came over and suggested it,
and next thing we knew we lost the whole day in memory lane. It was so comforting to see mom and dad ten/
fifteen years ago acting the exact same way they do now. In Love. Ah, it’s truly just beautiful. But haha the best part was when dad would be
recording and say stuff and mom watching currently would comment on the couch,
and seconds later she would say the exact same thing on the video!!! It never ceased to fail! Just seeing dad sneak into the kitchen with
the video camera and grab a cookie and seal the lid as evidence he didn’t grab
a cookie. And then later tell mom the
cookie to chip ratio was perfect was like déjàvu. He is the same and she is the same.
We have gone through many different experiences since then
that may have been joyous, painful, argument some. A good way to tell the character of a person
is when those troubling and happy times don’t change the character of a
person. Having your foundation in
something constant like faith is a good way to ensure this doesn’t happen.
3) Example 3: One Woman Band.
I was eight years old when Jasmin was born. Being the oldest in the family, wanting to
play a division 1 sport, and many other things have factored into the person I
am. Responsible. Driven.
Focused. Whatever it be, I knew
when I held her that she was special. I felt a sense of pride, even though I
knew she wasn’t my daughter. She was
just my baby sister. I never had one of
those before where I was old enough to take care of them in a physical and
emotional way. She was my angel. My angel baby. I think many times that’s why I get sad when
I see how quickly she’s growing up because I want her to stay little when I
could hold her and see how much she looked up to me. Its hard being at school for 9 months out of
the year and missing watching her grow up.
So I want to thank the Lord right now for giving me time at home to
catch up with all of my family members.
We all know how crucial it is for me to be there with Miaje right
now. Lord thank you. This break was perfect, and everything I
needed.
4) Example 4: New Years Eve… what’s that?
This was funny. That
night on Saturday we went to church and I got to see Mrs. Jones and her
family. That was so awesome, she looked
great and so did all her family. It’s
great keeping in touch with people and she’s one of the few people that we try
to still see each other when I’m back in town.
After church we came home and watched some motorcycle and snowsledder
try and break the record for this huge jump over the San Diego Ocean
unanimously (only the snow machine guy succeeded). Nicole and her boyfriend Josh came over and we
all hung out and cooked dinner. It was a
fun family filled night of wii dancing.
We were having so much fun that we lost track of time. I looked down at my phone and it was 11:59. We dashed down stairs, Jazz grabbed the dogs and the cider, dad put the ball drop on and we were good to go. Just in time to count “12, 11, 10, 9…. Happy New Years!!” Haha it was funny. That was the first year I can remember something like that happening, we just got caught up dancing in the house.
We were having so much fun that we lost track of time. I looked down at my phone and it was 11:59. We dashed down stairs, Jazz grabbed the dogs and the cider, dad put the ball drop on and we were good to go. Just in time to count “12, 11, 10, 9…. Happy New Years!!” Haha it was funny. That was the first year I can remember something like that happening, we just got caught up dancing in the house.
Sounds Hubbard family accurate
--> the video won't upload, but trust me mom and dad dancing together it's hilarious!
--> the video won't upload, but trust me mom and dad dancing together it's hilarious!
5) Example 5: Family and Friends that Pray together, stay
together
December 30, 2011 Dad and Jeff have been good friends since
high school. All week long dad was
begging to go up to Big Bear Mountain to spend the night in the cabin with
their family. We finally decided to go
that Friday because dad didn’t have work.
Dad told us we were going to get up there at 9 that morning. Little did he know…
You’d think the poor guy would have learned that all four of
us girls can’t get out of the house that early.
At like 9 we wake up and moms says she wants to shower and
do her hair (pause for dramatic effect) and we needed to help her. I told Jazz to get a movie and let’s tackle
the beast. After mom showered and dried
her hair we watched Disney’s new movie Prom.
A full length feature about Prom… who woulda thought? It honestly was
interesting… surprisingly. Dad brought
us bowls of his special cream of wheat and we were ready to tackle mom’s shiny locks. We finished and it was already 12pm. Haha we
didn’t end up getting out of the house until after 1. We drove to daddy’s work in Lucerne Valley (I
think that’s the name of the city). It’s
in the middle of nowhere!!! Like seriously there are for sale mini pony’s
fifteen miles away from his work and other than that and some random Chinese
restaurant that’s it! When we got to his
work it felt like I was in the middle of a scene from the Lion, the Witch, and
the Wardrobe. His work looked like the
witch’s white icicle lair. We got to meet some of his employees, leave messages
on his white board in his bland office, see lots of piles of smushed rock, and
climb up huge tractor trucks that put Builder Bob to shame. I love dad, I am so proud of him and how hard
he works.

After that we went up to Big Bear Mountain to finally get
some snow this break. It was in the
70’s/80’s all break in Cali. I’m not
complaining but it wasn’t like the snow I got a picture of the day I was flying
home from Georgia. Jeff just sold his
cabin, but the person he sold it to let him stay there one last time. It was so nice! I hadn’t seen his boys in so long, they’re
all grown up now. Andrew and his girlfriend
seemed perfect for each other. Patrick
was so talkative and social. Nico was so
nice and just seemed like a rough and tough boy. I got to talk to them about playing for a
competitive program and coach, intern for Nike and face adversity but keep God
at the center. Jeff was very nice and I
know dad was happy to spend time with him.
I loved hearing stories about all of them in high school. His wife Rocio is just so sweet. I didn’t know she was full Mexican, that
means the kids are all half Mexican… they don’t look like it at all.
Jeff’s family was in the middle of watching 24 and super
addicted. Psh, how do people get
addicted to tv shows like that.
(complete sarcasm) I finally finished Lost this break so now I am taking
a break from any addictive series like 24 or Lost for a little while. It’s time for me to start blogging
again. While they all watched 24 we
played Mexican train and an intense game of Dirty Hearts, that I almost won
until dad tricked us all and ran it, and he ended up winning. That little trickster! It was funny because before going into the
card game Jeff said he would consider it a successful night if no one ran on
him. Whoops!
We all took tim tam slams!
I never knew anyone else knew about them. Dez had learned about them on her missions
trip to Australia two summers ago. It’s
this chocolate cookie cracker thing and you bight a corner out of each end them
stick it into hot cocoa and sip through it like a straw. Once the hot cocoa reaches the center of the
cookie and it starts to melt you slam the cookie into your mouth before it
makes a ooey gooey delicious mess.
MMMmmmm good! Everyone tried one, it was so fun.
We went on a walk that night and the stars are so vivid and
bright up there it’s crazy. Just think
when God told Abraham to look up at the sky and as you can count the starts so
you will be your descendants. Wphew!!
On a side note, Tucker loved the snow! He just loves life and playing fetch. Jazz is so good with him. She has a thing with training dogs… she was
just three years old and so good with KC, and now eight years later she’s like
a master with Tucker.
No Response to "My Break in a Snapshot"
Post a Comment