I had a cookie in class today, and wrote about it.
"Good Morning America" says my mind and body as the container of cookies opens. The instant splash of energy tingles through my limbs as I make my way to the front of the cookie line.
My head chants "cookie, cookie" as I parade overly-pleased cookie-in-hand to my chair. Now, for those that know me know why my somewhat lethargic body this morning is giddy with excitement. It all goes back to those days on the playground and we would pick our favorite sesame street character. Mine was always: the cookie monster.
Without hesitation I fold my gum into the corner of my napkin and just stare at this perfect, beautiful circle. Sitting next to my Dasani water bottle their diameter and circumference look one in the same. Perfect I think. Just the right amount of water to drench down my oatmeal chocolate cookie delight.
It's go time. I break it in half. My normal routine. It's much harder then I expect as if this cookie is fighting for a few more seconds of its earthly life. The battle lasts longer than I intended. But I win.
Bite one. My senses are immediately soothed. Its as if every thought and noise running through my mind had stopped. Ceased to exist.
All it was in that moment was me and my cookie. But the moment of sweet serene harmony didn't last long. Rudely interrupted by a crunch... cRuNcH... CRUNCH. "Go away you unwanted noise" my irritated senses flare up at me.
What kind of cookie is this. Caught somewhere in between irritated and intrigued I take another bite from this too-firm-of-a-cookie.
CRRRUUUNNNCCHH
Okay, that's it cookie. I'm done. If you wanna put up a fight you entered the wrong arena this morning. If you don't wanna cooperate and let me eat you in a gooey, soft, melt-in-my-mouth kind of way it's over.
I grab my Dasani and stare at this half-eaten cookie in disgust. Quickly fold it up in my gum napkin before the others in the class can notice my unfinished business. I scurry to the trashcan and toss all evidence of my first unfinished cookie into an abyss of unwanted remains.
No Response to "cookie monster"
Post a Comment