"Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses." 1 Timothy 6:12
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
"God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12
"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8
"In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge" 2 Peter 1:5
"And you must show mercy to* those whose faith is wavering." Jude 1:22
Lately I've been reading over lots of verses about wisdom. Throughout the Bible we are pointed back to scripture and prayer as the number one source of wisdom. At times being a Christian can feel like a roller coaster ride. Because being a Christian is a battle... every day of our lives. Some days are better than ours and if we practice good habits like quiet time, prayer, fellowship, worship and many others than we make it harder for the Devil to find ways to bring us down. And who wouldn't want to make life harder for the Devil? I know I want to. 1 Timothy 6:18 we are reminded to fight the good fight for our faith. The devil is like a roaring lion constantly on the prowl to bring us down (1 Peter 5:8). Therefore we always have to be on our guard ready to fight off any temptations thrown at us. The hard part of it is... we aren't perfect. We were born sinners in a fallen world. Therefore it's going to take lots of effort personally and then also the help of others. In Ecclesiastes it tells us that two are better than one for when one falls down his friend can help him up, but pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up. I understand that I am blessed to have encouraging company at home at school and all around me. I just pray and hope that you too can be blessed with what I have been given. For I do not deserve this any more than you and I'm going to be here to help in any way I can. Jude 1:22 tells us to show mercy to those whose hope is wavering. So please, Lord help me see what you want me to do to show mercy and grace towards those I love that are struggling. You have brought me back to James 1 throughout the week which has been an encouraging reminder of your promise to bless us for fighting to uphold the fidelity of our faith. I think 2 Peter 1:15 sums it up perfectly, "In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge." So today I pray for wisdom and guidance and to be with those that I love. In Jesus name, Amen.
No Response to "wisdom"
Post a Comment